Start or Sit (NFC home games)
Reporting on the impact of the coronavirus on the sports world
Real Madrid fought in the second half and lost on Saturday to second-placed Villarreal after a 1-1 draw, in which Los Blancos conceded a penalty to equalize. Real have given their opponents four penalties in their last two games after Valencia scored three goals against Zinedine Zidane’s side just before the international break.
Real started this game with the highest marks, but continued to struggle and couldn’t threaten goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo at all.
This was another overwhelming performance by Real, who showed their full performance without the absence of star defender Sergio Ramos and striker Karim Benzema. The veterans missed the game due to an injury. Villarreal and Real Madrid had almost equal possession, but it was Unai Emery’s side that looked like a threat to the ball at least more than the visitors. While both teams had only one shot on goal, Villarreal had more than twice as many shots at Real Madrid (13: 6), and even without a penalty he won the xG fight 1. 07-0. 58. It seemed like a winner after Gerard Moreno’s penalty in the 76. Minute come, although Madrid could hold a point.
Nacho started with Ramos alongside Raphael Varane and delivered the performance. He was physical, had good timing for his tackles, and could handle the pressure of the Yellow Submarine. Nacho intercepted three passes and blocked two shots that were a draw for most Madrid players. His only really glaring problem was a bad pass from the back, which created a fantastic chance for Moreno, but luckily for Nacho, it narrowly missed.
» to adjust.
OK, that’s all you need to see Real attack because that’s all they did. Eden Hazard was terrible, Martin Odegaard was not created, and without Benzema the attack had no focus. Despite the fact that Hazard and Odegaard made 29 of 31 passes in the final third, they didn’t stand a single chance for Madrid.
In the end, it’s probably a good point for Zidane’s team given the overwhelming performance, but neither does it scream « good form » ahead of a big Champions League clash at Inter Milan this week.
We’re bringing important sports news to your inbox so you can stay updated and make a profit.
CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. . Commissioner. com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. .
Real Madrid C. . F.. . , Villarreal CF, La Liga, Mariano, Zinedine Zidane
World News – USA – Villarreal vs.. . Real Madrid scores: Los Blancos conceded another penalty and lost points
. . Corresponding title :
– Villarreal vs. . Real Madrid goal: Los Blancos conceded another penalty and lost points
– Immediate reaction: Villarreal 1 – 1 Real Madrid
– Depleted Real Madrid pushed back from Villarreal
– European summary: Real Madrid and Bayern both held to lackluster ties
– & # 39; Zidane cost us 2 points & # 39; – These Real Madrid fans respond to & # 39; terrible & # 39; Performance in the draw against Villarreal
– Depleted Real Madrid held 1-1 in Villarreal
– Villarreal 1-1 Real Madrid: The hosts missed the chance to reach the top from the following spot despite Gerard Moreno’s equalizer . . .
– Late Gerard Moreno penalty saves point for Villarreal and denied Real Madrid
– Villarreal 1 Real Madrid 1 LIVE REACTION: Early leadership of Los Blancos due to late penalty canceled – Latest updates
– Video: Mariano gives Real Madrid the lead at Villarreal
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]