LONDON – Leicester has the potential to disrupt the’ Big Six ‘dominance in the Premier League, says Foxes manager Brendan Rodgers.
Leicester, the only club outside of the ‘Big Six’ to win the league title since 1995, are one point behind leaders Liverpool, who will play in Southampton later on Monday, and second-placed Manchester United.
Leicester has contested more than several of its rivals in an open title race. Only seven points separated Liverpool and United from West Ham in tenth place.
By comparison, Liverpool had a 27-point lead over the team in 10th place after 16 games last season, as did Manchester City in a similar phase of the 2017/18 season.
Rodgers says that while Leicester may not be able to compete financially with the biggest clubs, it can make its mark on the pitch.
« We want to be a team that can play European football year after year, » said Rodgers.
« Our job is, can we break the hierarchy? We may not be financial – we don’t have the finances to get these £ 70m ($ 96 million), £ 80m, £ 90m players – but we can in a footballing way. «
A loss of form at the end of last season cost Leicester a place in the Champions League but they are in the knockout stage of the Europa League after leading their group.
« What is nice is that our top players are getting fit again and that is exciting for us in the second part of the season. «
English midfielder James Maddison is one of those players who returned from injury and made an immediate impact. He scored a goal in Newcastle.
The goal by Maddison and Belgium international Youri Tielemans helped the Foxes to their seventh away win this season – the biggest in the Premier League.
« We play with intensity and a little bit of bravado. Newcastle felt the full strength of a top-notch Premier League team, « said Maddison.
Leicester City F. . C.. . , Premier League, Newcastle United F. . C.. . , Brendan Rodgers
World news – USA – Soccer: Leicester may disrupt the established order of the Premier League, says Rodgers
. . Related title :
– Football: Leicester may upset premier the league has set the order, Rodgers says . . . « > Southampton must face competition from European clubs to sign Leicester outcast Demarai Gray as Brendan Rodgers . . .
– LCFC TV&’s Matchday Live panel reflected another successful away trip in the Premier League for Leicester City on . . .
– Leicester wants to shake the hierarchy of English football
– New Prem applicant extends Tottenham dispute about & # 39; rar& # 39; Top talents
– LEICESTER CITY – clubs pile up after Demarai GRAY
– Leicester City man wanted by Premier League rivals in European interests
– Rodgers Supports Iheanacho To Improve
– EPL: Leicester, Manchester City to win, maintain championship claims
– Southampton Patience in Gray Chase will deny Birmingham City Windfall
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]