Posted: 23:19 GMT, Jan.. November 2020 | Updated: 01:53 GMT, Jan.. November 2020
The Denver Broncos will face an unprecedented situation against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday after all three of the teams’ remaining quarterbacks were banned from the game due to COVID-19 concerns, according to a report by ESPN on Saturday night.
Denver Broncos quarterbacks Drew Lock, his backup Brett Rypien and training team member Blake Bortles were withdrawn from the practice field on Saturday and sent home due to concerns about their contact with QB Jeff Driskel, who is infected with COVID-19.
The person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the team did not publicly address the situation confirmed a report by KUSA-TV in Denver that the three QBs were removed from practice before the end of Saturday.
The Broncos, slated to host the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, are working with the NFL to resolve the situation. From Saturday evening, however, they are no longer eligible to participate in the game.
Denver Locks Quarterbacks Drew Lock (3) was deemed ineligible to play the New Orleans Saints on Sunday with several of his teammates.
Denver Broncos’ quarterbacks Brett Rypien, 4 of the Denver Broncos, was also classified as high risk after being traced back to someone with COVID
The pictured quarterback Blake Bortles from the training team was also classified as risky and does not start
All three quarterbacks were on the field during the brief observation period at the start of training.
Coach Vic Fangio said he wasn’t concerned about his other quarterbacks getting sick because contact tracing showed they weren’t in close contact with Driskel.
Concern grew after the pictured quarterback Jeff Driskel tested positive for the virus and moved to the reserve list Thursday morning.
The Denver Broncos quarterbacks, Drew Lock and Brett Rypien, join LeVante Bellamy, Royce Freeman and Phillip Lindsay (left right) during the NFL soccer team’s practice earlier this month.
All four, Lock, Rypien, Bortles, and Driskel, are usually closest together with players stretching in open exercises each day and all in the front row at the same time.
The Broncos have also managed to hold some socially distant position group meetings at their facility.
Fangio canceled training on Friday when Kick returnee Diontae Spencer and two employees tested positive for the virus.
Denver Broncos running back to Royce Freeman (left) is the team’s emergency quarterback, and broad receiver Kendall Hinton is also on the team’s training team.
The Broncos could also count on Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay to run back in the Wildcat lineup
On Saturday, Fangio said that the quarterbacks are more than three feet apart during meetings and that “all of our meetings are set up to spread out. ‘
The news about the quarterbacks came on Saturday around the same time the Broncos announced they’d signed Garett Bolles for a four-year contract extension.
Broncos trainer Vic Fangio previously said that Royce Freeman is the team’s emergency quarterback.
The Broncos could also count on Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay to run back in the Wildcat lineup.
ESPN reported that Rob Calabrese, offensive quality control coach at Broncos, carried out the offense during Saturday’s practice session. Playing quarterback in central Florida, Calabrese could be an out-of-the-box option to join the Broncos’ active roster as an 911 operator.
Denver Broncos head coach Vic Fangio said the quarterbacks are more than three feet apart during meetings and that “all of our meetings are set up so that everyone can spread out. ‘
Share what you think
No comments have been made so far. Why don’t you be the first to send us your thoughts?
or discuss this topic live on our message boards.
We will automatically post your comment and a link to the message on your Facebook timeline as it is posted on MailOnline. To do this, we link your MailOnline account to your Facebook account. We ask you to confirm this for your first post on Facebook.
Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints, NFL, Quarterback
World News – GB – All quarterbacks on Broncos’ roster are not eligible for Sunday
. . Associated title :
– All QBs on the Broncos& # 39; Due to COVID contact concerns, squads are not entitled to play against the Saints on Sunday
– How the point distribution of the Broncos-Saints with all Broncos-QBs changes to Covid-19 IR
– Broncos have to face Saints without QB Drew Lock. Both backups were classified as high risk contacts.
– Denver Broncos players complain about having to play without a QB
– All Denver Broncos Quarterbacks For The Game Of Sunday& # 39;. Saints after COVID exposure
– Jerry Jeudy talks about Opportunity to be QB after everyone else is down due to COVID-19 (TWEET)
– Report: Broncos who no longer have QBs in their roster can use the Backup WR under Center vs.. . Saints
– Coronavirus: Denver Broncos meets New Orleans Saints without a recognized quarterback
– Broncos QBs are not allowed to play on Sunday according to ESPN sources
– Every Broncos quarterback is excluded from the game due to COVID-19
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]