Left-wing political action committee targets Georgia Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue in a new television commercial comparing both GOP lawmakers to the Grinch.
Both Loeffler and Perdue are embroiled in heated special elections that are triggered when neither they nor their Democratic challengers Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff have each received enough votes to be declared clear winners in their races.
The PAC behind the ad, MeidasTouch, said in a tweet that the ad would be broadcast « multiple times » during the debate between Warnock and Loeffler on Sunday night. The tweet also looked for donations to help the PAC run the advertisement.
« Their stockings were stuffed from the stocks they sold when they heard the COVID was coming before we were told, » the ad said. « They sold stakes in casinos, airlines, T. . J. . Maxx and invested in medicines and medical masks. «
As The Hill noted, both Loeffler and Perdue had been accused earlier this year of making changes to their investment portfolios based on information about the coronavirus that some lawmakers received during a Senate-only briefing.
Loeffler has denied any wrongdoing and one Perdue has said that he did not attend the Intel meeting, as The Hill discovered. According to the Washington Post, Loeffler said her controversial deals were done by an investment company, and Perdue said his deals were done by an independent advisor, according to the Washington Post.
While Perdue and Loeffler weren’t the only Senators scrutinized for their investments, their activities continued to be scrutinized as part of their controversial running drain races, the Washington Post noted. The Justice Department has suspended its investigations into Perdue and Loeffler’s coronavirus-related stock deals, according to The Post report.
If the Democrats win both runoff elections in Georgia, the Senate majority will be split between 50-50 Democrats and Republicans. However, if the Republicans win just one of the two races in the state, the GOP will continue to hold power in the Senate, a major roadblock to the Democratic-controlled house and President-elect Joe Biden, also a Democrat.
Biden unexpectedly hit President Donald Trump in Georgia state, despite Trump, who did not accept the results, allegedly named Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp on Saturday morning in another Longshot attempt to reverse the election results.
United States Senate, Republican Party, Donald Trump, Georgia, David Perdue, Democratic Party
World News – UK – Liberal PAC is running ads calling Republican Sens. Loeffler and Perdue ‘the Grinches of Georgia’
. . Related title :
– Trump , Obama Events Warm up Senate races in Georgia before voter registration deadline
– A liberal PAC runs ads calling Republican Sens. Loeffler and Perdue & # 39; the Grinches of Georgia& # 39;
– Texas Governor Urges Republicans of Georgia on to overwhelm & # 39. in Senate drains
– Trump urges Georgia governor to overturn elections
– Loeffler vs.. . Warnock for Business: Where the Georgia Senate Candidates Stand
– The Conspiracy Theory Joe Biden Could Pass the Senate
– At the Georgia Senate rally, Trump can help his party or himself help
– Liberal group that switches Grinch ads for Loeffler, Perdue
– Religious right eyes Biden cautiously in Trump&’s favor
– Stacey Abrams, who may be the key to Democratic Senatorial Campaigns in Georgia, stands up for GOTV on her behalf . . .
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]