The Mexican star, who recently became a free agent, announced on Instagram that he will face the middleweight champion from England in December. 19 in the US, maybe at AT&T or Alamodome Stadium in Texas.
The fight will be streamed on DAZN for what is believed to be a single combat agreement. Smith was promoted by Eddie Hearn, affiliated with the streaming service.
Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) will fight for the first time since being stopped by Sergey Kovalev to win the light heavyweight title in November of last year.
Smith (27-0, 19 KOs) holds the 168-pound WBA title which means it will represent an opportunity for Alvarez to win a major league title in the fourth division. Alvarez holds a minor title in the ultra-middleweight, which Boxing Junkie does not recognize.
🇺🇸 I’ll be back in the ring on December 19 to play Callum Smith. # TheP4PKingIsBack #CaneloSmith pic. Twitter. com / HDJqK44JOF
Alvarez coach and manager Eddie Renoso announced in November. 6 that his fighter cut ties with the Golden Boy Promotions and DAZN, putting an end to the lawsuit filed against his Wizard.
Alvarez sued his therapist for breach of contract in September. 15 for at least $ 280 million in damages and the freedom to go his way. The case was filed outside the court for technical reasons and then it was filed again, even though the two sides engaged in extension negotiations in an attempt to reach an agreement.
DAZN reportedly refused to pay him his full guarantee unless he fought what the streaming service saw as a premium adversary. This included Gennady Golovkin but not the very middleweight holders Smith and Billie Joe Saunders, two high-profile fighters but not the kind of equalizer that DAZN sought.
After the lawsuit was filed, DAZN reportedly offered Alvarez a restructuring deal under which the fighter would earn a base of $ 20 million plus a percentage of the money generated from additional DAZN subscriptions, according to The Athletic..
Battle to outrun 168 lbs !!! Canelo v @ CallumSmith23 Dec 19 in USA live onDAZNBoxing 🔥CANELOTEAM 🇲🇽 🇬🇧 pic. Twitter. com / RCLO2CVU9t
Alvarez’s original contract guaranteed $ 35 million per fight. It is believed that it will deliver less in December. 19 fight.
The late DAZN bid also addressed the issue of opponent approval, which it was said would have been involved under the restructured deal. However, the two sides were unable to reach an agreement and agreed to separate.
Alvarez will be favored to beat Smith, but Liverpudlian is not easy going. He is 6 feet 3 feet tall, and Alvarez is seven inches taller. Smith will also have a 7-inch reach. Both fighters are 30 years old.
Canelo Álvarez, Callum Smith, World Boxing Association, DAZN
World News – GB – Canelo Alvarez vs. Callum Smith appointed in December. 19
. . Related headline :
– Saul & # 39; Canelo& # 39; Alvarez to fight Callum Smith on December 19
– <a href = "/? S = Canelo Alvarez" Next fight: Mexican superstar Callum Smith faces a 168-pound Union match this December, and Canelo Alvarez is the next fight : The Mexican star faces Callum Smith in a £ 168 reunion match in December
– Canelo Alvarez to fight Callum Smith in December On the title in December
– Canelo Alvarez Vs.. Callum Smith appointed in December. 19
– Canelo Alvarez to fight Callum Smith on December 19 while The British face a massive showdown
– Liverpool & # 39; Callum Smith revealed as the next contender for Saul & # 39; Canelo& # 39; Alvarez
– Canelo Alvarez faces Callum Smith for the WPA middleweight title in December. 19
– Boxing-Alvarez to fight Smith for the WBA middleweight title on December 19
– Canelo Alvarez to fight Callum Smith on December 19: Sources
– Canelo Alvarez confirmed Callum Smith as the next contender as the next opponent as the next great return in December
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]