Viking Line spokeswoman Johanna Boijer-Svahnström said on Sunday Viking Grace would take Finnish passengers back to the mainland, while Swedish passengers would board the sister ship Viking Amorella for the voyage to Stockholm.
Viking Grace passengers disembarked at Mariehamn on Sunday morning after sleeping on the stranded ship that ran aground on Saturday.
Around 300 passengers and 98 crew members disembarked on Sunday morning after spending the night on the boat that ran aground off the coast of Mariehamn on Saturday afternoon.
Passengers told Yle that many had hoped to disembark on Saturday, although the atmosphere on the ship had been calm.
While officials have not yet determined the cause of the accident, Viking Line spokeswoman Johanna Boijer-Svahnström said that storm winds played a role in the ship’s run-up.
Coast Guard divers found no leaks in the ship after inspections on Saturday and Sunday.
As of Monday, Viking Line’s Gabriella will replace Viking Grace’s departures from Turku. Viking Grace operates the company’s Stockholm-Åland-Islands-Turku route.
Saturday’s accident was Viking Line’s second incident this fall. In September, passengers evacuated Viking Amorella after it ran aground in the Åland archipelago.
Officials said it would be safe for the passenger ferry to continue to Turku on Sunday after it ran aground on Saturday.
Social Affairs Minister Krista Kiuru says Finland would be among the first to receive a Covid vaccine.
MS Viking Grace, Finland, ship landing stage, Viking Line, Baltic Sea, Åland Islands, ferry, Mariehamn
World news – CA – Viking Grace returns to Turku
. . Related titles :
– stranded passengers leaving Viking Grace
– More than 400 people stranded after the ferry ran aground in Finland
– Finnish ferry towed after accruing
– Finnish ferry runs aground in the Baltic Sea with Fast 430 on board
– Baltic ferry runs aground in Finnish waters
– Passengers spend a night on a run aground Baltic ferry
– Accidents Viking Grace, who ran aground, was towed to the port on Sunda y morning
– >> Baltic Sea passenger ferry sails off Finnish islands with more than 400 people aground
– Viking Grace : Finnish ferry towed to safety after being stranded
– Over 400 people were stranded off the coast of Finland when the ferry ran aground.
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]