There are two new cases of COVID-19 in Newfoundland and Labrador on Sunday – one in the Eastern Health District and the other in the Central District Health District – and a person is in hospital with the virus for the first time in five months.
According to the Ministry of Health media release on Sunday, there are now 10 active cases in the province, but it is not clear which of the active cases are in the hospital. There has been no one in hospital with COVID-19 in the province since June 15.
The new case in the Eastern Health District of a 40-49-year-old man who traveled from Russia to work at Nalcor’s Soldiers Pond as part of the Lower Churchill project, according to the Health Ministry. The site is located approximately 35 kilometers west of St. John.
Public health officials have been in contact with Nalcor Energy about the issue. According to the Ministry of Health, the man had been following public health guidelines since his arrival and had isolated himself while he was not at work.
In a press release, Nalcor said that the man had obtained a waiver from the county government to operate at Soldiers Bond site and that he was following protocols established by public health, including self-isolation at St.. . John when he’s not at work.
The man also followed all workplace isolation protocols, according to Nalcor, and is not believed to have been in close contact with other individuals while on the job.
The company said that due to Soldiers Bond’s health and safety protocols, the risks to other individuals working there are believed to be low..
“Nalcor has put in place strict health and safety measures at all of its operating sites to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. « The area this individual worked in has been closed and our cleaning protocols activated, » the company said..
Nalcor said the man arrived at Soldiers Bond in November. 10, I worked in isolation for two nights in November. 10 and November. 12. The company indicated that he did not show any symptoms during either of the two shifts.
in november. On September 13, the man was notified of a positive COVID-19 test for a family member in Russia. Nalcor said that the man tested positive for COVID-19 through a private testing lab. The test result was then directed to Public Health and was confirmed as a positive COVID-19 case.
Nalkor said she has advised workers on the positive case site and is working with Public Health to identify potential close contacts.
“Out of extreme caution, for all other Soldiers Pond workers, a special test may be arranged by Nalcor for individuals who are concerned about their potential exposure,” the company media release said..
Meanwhile, the new case in the Central Health Center is of a man between 20 and 39 years old. The case relates to travel, as the man returned home from work in Alberta.
Public Health contacts are being traced for both new cases. Anyone considered to have close contact was advised to be quarantined.
In all, 56,662 people have been tested in the county as of Sunday’s update. Of these, 186 were tested in the last day.
The total of cases on Sunday increased to four at the end of the week, as a new case was reported in the Western Health area on Saturday, linked to another recent case in that region, while another case was reported in the Eastern Health region.
A priority for CBC is to create a website accessible to all Canadians including people with visual, auditory, motor and cognitive challenges.
Newfoundland and Labrador, Nalcor Energy, Soldiers Pond
World News – CA – One person in hospital named N. The. Two new cases of COVID-19 are reported | CBC News
Related Title :
– one in The hospital also reported to NL two new cases of COVID-19
– Soldiers of pool workers from Russia who have tested positive With COVID- 19
– <a href="/? COVID-19 cases
– Newfoundland and Labrador are reporting two new cases of COVID-19, he has 10 active cases
– 2 new confirmed cases of COVID, one person in hospital
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]