Moncton Health District, Zone 1, will return to the tougher Orange phase of recovery from COVID-19, which takes effect at midnight, Prime Minister Blaine Higgs announced Thursday.
The government took the decision based on a public health recommendation due to the increasing number of cases in that area.
The chief medical officer for health in New Brunswick said the number of cases there has doubled in the past week and includes an outbreak at another adult housing facility.
Russell also announced stricter isolation rules for workers returning from outside the province. They will now be required to self-isolate for 14 days, or if they have a negative test result five to seven days after their arrival.
A second test is required 10 to 12 days after their arrival. If it was negative as well, she said, they would no longer be required to isolate themselves.
« We must remain at the forefront of the epidemic or it will overwhelm us, » Russell told reporters during a press conference on COVID-19 in Fredericton, which is broadcast live on the CBC New Brunswick website..
Three of them are in Moncton, including two in their 20s and one under 19. The other case of a person in his 30s in St. John’s County, District 2.
Moncton Health Zone, Zone 1, has more than half of all active cases by age 24. St. John’s District, District 2, has seven active cases, Fredericton District, District 3, has nine cases, Bathurst District, District 6, has two cases, while Miramichi District, District 7, has two cases.
At least one member of the premium AAA hockey team in southeastern New Brunswick has tested positive for respiratory disease.
Hockey New Brunswick confirms the information, but Director Nick Janssen said he could not provide further details, citing confidentiality..
The team affected by the U-13 League. All activities of this U13 team have been suspended for the next two weeks.
Usually, the Small Hockey Association provides information to public health, which assesses the level of risk, « he said. “Public health is what decides whether we are only watching for symptoms or whether we should isolate ourselves.
New Brunswick has recorded a total of 388 confirmed cases since the epidemic began in March. Six people have died and 342 have recovered so far.
Rocky’s Sports Bar in St. John posted on social media that Public Health informed it Thursday morning of possible exposure to COVID-19 during November evenings. November 13th. 14.
The post is advised to close the tape to « assess the situation » and it will remain closed until further notice.
“We started our disinfection policy and asked for all staff to be tested,” she said.
The tape works with public health and follows its protocol, according to the post. More information to follow.
To encourage meaningful conversations and respect, first and last names will appear with every submission to CBC / Radio-Canada Online Communities (excluding communities directed at children and youth). Pseudonyms will no longer be allowed.
By submitting a comment, you agree that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish this comment in whole or in part, in any manner that CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the views expressed in the comments. Comments for this story are moderated according to our submission guidelines. Comments are welcome while opening. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.
A priority for CBC is to create a website accessible to all Canadians including people with visual, auditory, motor and cognitive challenges.
New Brunswick, Moncton
World News – California – IN. B. COVID-19 news report: Moncton is back orange and isolation changes for workers | CBC News
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]