DENVER (CBS4) – An updated report from the Colorado Attorney General names nine other priests who were allegedly sexual allegations many years ago. One of these people was known in Denver for working with those who had lost their luck.
Father Charles Woodrich, who died in 1991, has been described as “the patron saint of the poor, hungry and homeless”. Now, in the report, he is accused of molesting boys.
Colorado Attorney General Phil Weiser told reporters, « I can’t imagine the horror and pain anyone has gone through. Some people have found this process of disclosure healing. ”
The report details allegations of three victims of Father Woody who brought them to his private residence at Holy Ghost Church on 19th Street and California Street in downtown Denver and who had sexual encounters over a period of years had with them.
CBS4 spoke to a woman, Victoria McCabe, who and her family knew Father Woody very well.
« Absolute shock. To have my own son’s story . . . was shocking and frankly I would have to say incredible. ”
Her son Shannon told CBS4 that he spent much time with Father Woody at a vulnerable age, and that the priest never did anything wrong.
Father Woody’s help for the needy ranged from eating to letting the homeless sleep in the pews. Every year there was a Christmas party from Father Woody.
So powerful was Father Woody’s work long after his death that the Port of Hope was opened in his name.
« When we heard more in June that he was part of an investigation and of a sexual nature, there were no further details. We were as surprised as anyone when we heard the news today, ”Tawnya Trahan, director of Haven of Hope, told Rick Sallinger of CBS4.
Father Woody’s name has now been removed, but the type of work he did for the less fortunate continues.
Colorado, Abuse, Refuge of Hope, Priesthood in the Catholic Church, Priests
World News – CA – Additional priests, including Father Woody, in New Colorado, report on child sexual abuse
. . Related title :
– Additional Catholic priests named for clergy abuse, including Father Woody
– Other named priests, including Father Woody, in New Colorado Child Report of Sexual Abuse
– The Catholic Church pays $ 7. 3M Priestly Sexual Abuse Victims in Colorado
– Consecutive Clergy Sex Abuse Report uncovers 46 other abuse claims in Colorado
– victim of abuse by Denver& # 39; Father Woody says, « They& # 39; we will no longer have this shining light »
– 9 New Catholic Priests Named in Colorado Sexual Abuse Report
– 9 new priests named in Colorado Sexual Abuse Report
– >> Catholic Church pays $ 7 million to more than 70 Victims of Sexual Ab in Colorado Use by Priests
– <a href = "/? S = Bishop Scharfenberger: Diocesan guidelines show a commitment to regaining the trust of the community. & # 39; s trust The trust of the community& # 39
– <a href = "/? S = Colorado AG: Diocese of Pueblo waited months to report allegations of child sexual abuse allegations
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]