November 13, 2020 / 1:40 PM
The Arizona home state game against California on Saturday has been canceled due to several positive COVID-19 tests among Arizona State players and coaching staff, including coach Herm Edwards.. The school said, Friday, that positive testing has put the soccer team fewer than 53 players available for scholarships, the minimum allowed under its league cancellation policy.. .
« It’s very hard to accept canceling a match for all of us, but it is the right decision under the circumstances, » said Ray Anderson, Arizona State Athletic Director, in a statement.. . “In every case, we continue to make the health, safety and well-being of our student-athletes our first priority.
Pac-12 said the game will announce it as a no-contest. It’s Arizona’s first abolition this year. Sun Devils lost to USC 28-27 last weekend.
The 66-year-old Edwards said in a statement that he and his family are doing well and encouraged fans to take the virus seriously.. .
“As I have mentioned several times, the health, safety and well-being of our student-athletes is paramount and we will not put them at risk,” Edwards said. “Our team worked hard to get to this point, and even played a game last weekend. We will continue to nurture our student-athletes and follow all protocols very meticulously as we prepare for our next game. Our team and coaching staff are disappointed, but we understand what we are dealing with.
Cale has yet to play a single game this season. Justin Wilcox, the coach, said the Golden Bears’ opening game against Washington last weekend was also canceled because they were unable to form a competitive team due to the large number of players affected by the contact tracing process.. The Golden Bears have only four matches left in their schedule.
Also on Friday, no. 15 Coastal Carolina matches against Troy have been canceled due to a « combination of positive COVID-19 tests and injuries for a group of specific locations within the Troy Football Program ». The school said both teams and the Sunbelt Conference were working on rescheduling the match at a later time.
So far, 60 inter-school matches in the soccer subsection have been canceled or postponed due to the pandemic since late August – and 13 this week.
The Ivy League also announced Thursday that it will become the first Class A conference this year to cancel all winter sports, including men’s and women’s basketball.. .
The news comes as Coronavirus cases rise across the US. s. New confirmed cases daily in the US. s. It has skyrocketed by over 70% in the past two weeks, hitting an average of around 127,000 as of Thursday – the highest on record.. The number of people hospitalized with the virus has reached an all-time high of more than 65,000.
CBSSports. Kum reports that Edwards is the latest coach to test positive for COVID-19 in the 2020 season. Others include new Austin Bee coach Scotty Walden, Dan Mullen from Florida, Med Bateman from Florida, Mike Norville from Florida, Lee Miles from Kansas, and Kevin Somlin from Arizona.. .
First published November 13, 2020 / 1:40 PM
© 2020 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Arizona State Sun Devils Football, Herm Edwards, California Golden Bears, Pacific 12th Conference, College Football, Coronavirus, American Football, Senior Coach
World News – California – Arizona state coach Herme Edwards tests positive for COVID-19 as Sun Devils cancels a match against. Cal
. . Related headline :
– Arizona state Trainer Herme Edwards tests positive with Pac-12 severely infected with Coronavirus
– Arizona State’s COVID-19 infection, Herm Edwards showed it’s time for CSEANDCHAR to try something else in college football
– Arizona state coach Herme Edwards tests positive for COVID-19 as Sun Devils cancel match against. Cal
– Match Arizona State Match # 39; s vs. Cal has been canceled; Arizona State University coach Herme Edwards is among those infected with COVID-19
– <a href = "/? S = Ex-Jets, current ASU coach, Herme Edwards, tests positive for coronavirus, current president ASU coach Herme Edwards tests positive for coronavirus
– Arizona State-Cal football canceled, Edwards tests positive
– Report: COVID-19 could marginalize multiple Arizona State games
– Karpman: ASU worried that Coronavirus might cancel multiple games
– <a href =" /? s = ASU& # 39; s Herm Edwards, multiplayer who tests positive for COVID-19 as game versus. ASU&'s Herme Edwards, CAL canceled, many players test positive for COVID-19 as a game-for-play. Cal canceled
– College football COVID-19 Updates: ASU& Herm Edwards Tests Positive; Pac-12 cancels 2 games and adds 1
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]