Start or Sit (NFC home games)
Reporting on the impact of the coronavirus on the sports world
Drew Lock has apologized after he and four other Broncos quarterbacks were put on the team’s reserve / COVID-19 list ahead of the Saints game on Sunday. With few options available, Kendall Hinton, an uncovered rookie receiver who was previously a member of the Broncos training team, could make the start. The Broncos can instead make the decision to start QB Royce Freeman (usually a reserve RB) at QB.
Lock confirmed previous reports that he did not wear a mask at the Broncos facility during the week. Lock and his quarterbacks Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles were reportedly unmasked and classified as high-risk close contacts after quarterback Jeff Driskel, who tested positive for the virus on Thursday.
« In a controlled and socially distant area, we let our masking slip for a limited time, » Lock said on Twitter. « An honest mistake that I will have. I sincerely apologize and I fully understand why these safety precautions are so important. Doing the right thing most of the time is not good enough. «
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Broncos have been denied requests to the NFL to postpone the game to Tuesday in order to activate some of their quarterbacks in time to face the Saints. Denver may also be subject to disciplinary action if the league believes that the COVID-19 protocols have not been followed.
The Broncos would be considered repeat offenders after coach Vic Fangio fined $ 100. Received $ 000 for not wearing his mask earlier this season. The Raiders, the league’s first repeat offender, were fined 500. $ 000 and a sixth round selection after the League fined them in late October for violating offensive lineman Trent Brown’s positive test.
With no options left, the Broncos will start Hinton, who completed 53% of his passes while quarterback for Wake Forest. Hinton also rushed for 1. 059 yards and 12 touchdowns for the demon deacons. Denver reportedly attempted to activate quality control coach Rob Calabrese before that request was denied by the NFL.
« I pray today for the health, safety and success of my teammates, » Lock said in his statement. « I’m looking forward to being back on the field next week. Go Broncos. «
CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. . Commissioner. com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. .
Denver Broncos, NFL, Quarterback, New Orleans Saints, Drew Lock
World News – AU – Drew Lock apologizes and admits he didn’t wear a mask at Bronco’s facility
. . Related title :
– Drew Didn’t wear a mask Lock apologizes and admits he didn’t wear a mask in Broncos& # 39. Facility
– NFL Live Updates: Patriots Edge Cardinals; Giants take over first in NFC East
– Opinion: With the Denver fiasco QB Refuses the NFL to Acknowledge the Reality of COVID
– > Hinton With All 4 Denver QBs Promoted Out
– Broncos QB Drew Lock apologizes for possible COVID-19 exposure
– Broncos Promote Rookie Recipient Kendall Hinton to Sub at QB
– Saints vs.. . Broncos: Week 12 thread open
– Denver Broncos QB Drew suspension apology for & # 39; Slip& # 39; in the following COVID-19 logs
– Virus Disruptions Hit 49ers and Broncos, as NFL Crisis Grows
– Broncos raises WR Hinton to the roster as a COVID-19 replacement
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]