Tennis – French Open – Roland Garros, Paris, France – October 1, 2020, Novak Djokovic celebrates his second-round victory against Lithuania Ricardas Perankes – Reuters / Christian Hartmann
Novak Djokovic said he had mixed feelings about ending a « strange year » as the world number one for the sixth time after the season was hit hard by the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Djokovic won the Australian Open title for the eighth time, a record as well as a record number 36 at the Masters in Rome, winning four singles titles en route to first place at the end of the year.
The 33-year-old has a record 39-3 in a season that has seen many tournaments suspended or canceled between March and August due to the coronavirus outbreak, which has claimed more than 1 lives.. 3 million people around the world.
“Obviously, I’m very proud of it, but I have mixed feelings about what is happening in the world,” Djokovic told the ATP Tour website.
“I cannot be ignorant of it, even though I have achieved one of the biggest goals in sport. I feel that many people in the world are going through hardships and my heart speaks to them.
Djokovic’s achievement puts him on par with childhood champion Pete Sampras who finished the year in first place six times from 1993 to 1998.
The Serbian begins his quest for a final ATP Finals title equivalent to a sixth record when he faces Argentine Diego Schwartzman in the group stage later on Monday.. .
Disclaimer: Comments uploaded to this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and the owner of Cebudailynews.. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem inconsistent with our editorial standards.
Nitto ATP Finals, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Tennis, ATP Tour, ATP Tour, Roger Federer, Alexander Zverev, Stefanos Tsetsipas, Daniel Medvedev
World News – CAF – Djokovic says he has mixed feelings about ending 2020 as a no. 1
. . Related Title :
– The ATP Finals – Djokovic vs Schwartzmann Direct score: The Serb star sails to victory in straight rounds at O2 – latest reaction
– Djokovic says he has mixed feelings about ending 2020 as a no. 1
– Tim Henman supports Rafael Nadal to break the ATP Finals duck thanks to the schedule Reduced
– <a href="/?s=Nova Djokovic has mixed feelings about ending 2020 in first place in the world, and Novak Djokovic is mixed with his feelings about ending 2020 as a world number 1
– Novak Djokovic begins the ATP Finals campaign with a dominant win
– Cristiano Ronaldo returns after Novak Djokovic repeated & # 39; Siu& # 39; Celebrating
– Watch: Stefanos Tsetsipas and Novak Djokovic successfully emulate British accent in ATP Finals 2020
– <a href = "/? S = Novak Djokovic & # 39; super proud of & # 39; of his accomplishments during & # 39; strange year& # 39 ;, but he admits That he has & # 39; mixed emotions & # 39; Extremely proud of & # 39; Of his accomplishments during & # 39; strange year& # 39; , But he admits he has & # 39; & Mixed Feelings # 39;
– Federer: & # 39; I& # 39; D go to the moon & # 39; To play the Nitto ATP Finals
– Novak Djokovic equals Pete Sampras Record No. 39 at the end of the year No. CSEANDCHAR No. No. 1 cup
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]