Liverpool full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold has faced the challenges of the overloaded Premier League schedule this season.
Manager Jürgen Klopp has often criticized the relentless nature of the 2020/21 season, as clubs competing in Europe rarely had more than a handful of days off between games.
This lack of recovery time has resulted in a number of top-flight soft tissue injuries. The Premier League champions have been particularly hard hit and currently have a number of players injured in the short and long term – Alexander-Arnold is one who suffers from a calf problem.
« It’s difficult, » Alexander-Arnold told The Telegraph. “It was hard not having much of a preseason. Then it went straight to the bottom with the most intense league in the world and three games in one week and the Champions League.
“The body is not ready and many players pay the price for that. We knew there was going to be a big difference in the preseason and the low season. More emphasis is placed on relaxation. Trying to better manage workloads.
“It feels less natural than in other seasons. I could just fly into games. You got into a rhythm. That feels different. Obviously the world feels different with things we can and can’t. But it doesn’t feel like it is in season. ”
Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez, first choice center-backs, are long-term absenteeism and could miss the rest of the season with serious knee injuries.
« While they don’t want to be in the situation they are in, they would be sure they would have chosen each other if they could choose someone to help them do it, » added the Liverpool right-back. « They have such a strong bond and will push each other in rehab. ”
Premier League, Liverpool F. . C.. . , Trient Alexander-Arnold, Manchester City F. . C.. . , Manchester United F. . C.. . , UEFA Champions League, Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
World News – UK – Trent Alexander-Arnold opens up the challenges of the overloaded schedule
. . Related title :
– Brighton vs Liverpool FC LIVE! Get the latest team news, lineups, predictions, TV and Premier League game streams today
– Manchester City vs Burnley , Football League and more – live!
– >> Trent Alexander-Arnold opens up to a challenge of an overloaded game schedule
– LIVE: The English Premier League – Liverpool want to take the lead against Brighton
– Football betting tips: Salah chases Brighton again, Calvert-Lewin against Bamford, Lampard outwits Mourinho against in Chelsea . . .
– Which channel is Brighton vs Liverpool? TV channel, live stream and kick-off time
– Liverpool& # 39; s next six Premier League games and how they compare to title rivals
– Trent Alexander-Arnold sets the ultimate goal of Liverpool& # 39 – but knows the truth of the Premier League
– Alexander-Arnold slams nonsensical schedule and defends Liverpool& # 39; Spurs concerns « > Alexander-Arnold of Liverpool& slams nonsensical schedule and defends Spurs concerns
– Selection of a best Premier League XI from non-top six teams
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]