The duo of Croatian comrade Pavic and Brazilian Bruno Soares has the year-end No.. 1 ATP doubles the team ranking after a strong 2020 season. Two years ago, Pavic took first place with Oliver Marach, while Soares worked with Jamie Murray in 2016 to end the year as No.. To become 1. 1 team. The Croatian-Brazilian team, which this week closed the Bob Bryan group with a 2-1 record at The O2 in London, became the No.. 1 assured. 1, when Jürgen Melzer and Edouard Roger-Vasselin defeated Rajeev Ram and Joe Salisbury in the semifinals of the ATP final on Saturday. Pavic and Soares had reached the season finale just 35 points ahead of second-placed Ram and Salisbury in the ATP Doubles team ranking.
« I am very happy that Bruno and I have the year no. 1, especially after what happened yesterday [when they won their last match in the Bob Bryan group but didn’t advance to the semi-finals]. ”Said Pavic.
The dynamic duo, who set a 4-5 game record this season before the ATP Tour’s five-month suspension, made a strong return to claim their first Grand Slam championship title at the US Open in September (defeated Koolhof / Mektic) pick up. . They reached two finals in Paris – at Roland Garros (lost to Krawietz / Mies) in October and at the Paris Masters (lost to Auger-Aliassime / Hurkacz) two weeks ago.
Andrea Gaudenzi, Chairwoman of the ATP, said: “The fight for the end of the year No.. 1 doubles team was closer this year than ever before. All eight teams reached the season finale with a chance of first place. We congratulate Mate and Bruno on finishing the year as No.. 1 is the ultimate achievement in our sport. They should be very proud of their season and they fully deserve this award.
Bruno Soares, Tennis, Nitto ATP Finals, Mate Pavić, Michael Venus, ATP Tour, John Peers, Jamie Murray, Association of Tennis Professionals, New Zealand
World News – GB – Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares win the year-end world no. 1 ATP doubles ranking list | Tennis news
. . Associated title :
– Pavic & Soares Clinch year-end No.. 1 ATP double team ranking
– Tennis: Silver lining for leaving the ATP final for Michael Venus
– Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares win the world no. 1 ATP double rankings
– Tennis: Kiwi doubles the star Michael Venus to avoid the Christmas quarantine after the earlier flight home
– Bruno Soares explains , how he and Jamie Murray got back together
– Venus and Peers drop out of the ATP- Final from
– The best New Zealand doubles player Michael Venus retires from the ATP final in London from
– Bruno Soares wants more Grand Slams with Jamie Murray Get slam title
– Peers and Venus are eliminated with a final loss
– Silver lining for Kiwi tennis star Michael Venus despite elimination of the ATP quarter-finals
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]