The jury in the rape trial against Jack de Belin, the star dragon from St. Shellharbour Sharks players George Illawarra and Callan Sinclair have been asked to ponder further. No unanimous verdict could be reached after the announcement.
After considering the verdict for six hours after a three-week trial in the NSW District Court in Wollongong, members of the jury posted a note arguing about the guilt of the men for serious sexual assault on a 19th -year-old woman in December 2018.
The jury was asked to provide further advice on the rape trial against Jack de Belin and his co-defendant Callan Sinclair. Photo credit: Kate Geraghty
« Despite careful examination of all the evidence submitted, we were unable to reach a unanimous verdict, » said the jury note submitted before noon.
Judge Andrew Haesler encouraged the jury to consider further. Experience has shown that, despite strong differences of opinion, juries could reach unanimous decisions if they were given more time to discuss the evidence.
« I will urge you to go back, return to the elements, return to the evidence, return to the opinions that separate you as a jury, » he said.
Mr. de Belin (29) and Mr. Sinclair (23) both pleaded not guilty and said that the encounter with the woman in an apartment after dancing with her in a Wollongong club was completely consensual.
Our Morning Edition newsletter is a curated guide to the most important and interesting stories, analysis, and insights. Sign up for The Sydney Morning Herald’s newsletter here, The Age here, Brisbane Times here, and WAtoday today.
Jack de Belin, jury, verdict, advice, national rugby league
World news – AU – Jury is stuck and urges further advice in the rape trial against Jack de Belin
. . Related title :
– <a href = "/? s = Jury was stuck, pressing to consider further in the Jack de Belin rape trial continue in the rape trial against Jack de Belin
– The jury cannot pass judgment in the rape trial against Jack de Belin
– The jury cannot deliver a verdict in the rape trial against Jack de Belin and Callan Sinclair after two days of deliberation to prove CSSANDANDCHAR # 39; « > The jury of the Jack de Belin rape trial cannot pass judgment. The judge tells & # 39 to look again for Evidence& # 39 The rape trial against Jack de Belin does not come to a unanimous verdict. « > The jury in the rape trial against Jack de Belin cannot decide again A unanimous decision
– De Belin jury to resume of deliberations
– Legal proceedings against Jack de Belin: Jury cannot pass judgment in the sexual assault hearing by Dragons star&
– NRL Star Jack de Belin rape jury cannot make a unanimous decision
– The jury cannot pass judgment on Jack de Belin’s rape trial. What’s happening now?
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]