Jürgen Klopp says he doesn’t have enough players to switch his Liverpool squad to Ajax. Thiago Alcantara is expected to be out until 2021.
Utility man James Milner was injured in Saturday’s 1-1 draw in Brighton. Klopp blamed his team’s schedule for the player’s hamstring injury.
Klopp added that former Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago will be out until the new year due to his knee injury.
« It’s not a perfect situation, but obviously not enough people want to help us [planning the games], not just for us but for [all] footballers. We just have to take care of it. «
Thiago has since been injured when challenged by Richarlison in the 2-2 draw at Everton on Jan.. October no longer played.
Captain Jordan Henderson is fit, but Klopp confirmed that in addition to Thiago, Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Milner, Xherdan Shaqiri, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Naby Keita will also remain out of action.
« That day, when Thiago was injured in this challenge in the Everton game, there was another serious injury [to Virgil van Dijk, who suffered a cruciate ligament damage].
« After the scans, it was like one thing was really bad news and the other was really good news because nothing was broken, nothing was broken and stuff like that.
« But as we now realize, it was still a massive impact on the knee. I can’t say exactly when he’ll be fine, but it will be a few weeks. «
Liverpool will qualify from Group D if they avoid losing to Ajax and will be group winners if they win and fail to beat Atalanta Midtjylland.
According to Gracenote from entertainment data company Nielsen, Liverpool has a 99. 9% chance of reaching the knockout phase.
Simon Gleave, Head of Sports Analysis at Nielsen’s Gracenote, said: « Liverpool dominate their group and there is only one chance in a thousand they will not make it into the Champions League knockout stage according to the Euro Club Index. « . external link The Reds have a 99% chance of finishing the group stage via Group D.. «
Liverpool F. . C.. . , UEFA Champions League, AFC Ajax, Jürgen Klopp, Anfield
World news – AU – « I have no players to rotate » – Klopp
. . Related title :
– Robertson supports Liverpool boss Klopp&’s call for help in limiting player injuries
– Jürgen Klopp on Ajax, CL qualification and & # 39; important & # 39; Back room staff
– Liverpool Vs. Ajax preview: team news and forecast line-ups
– Liverpool don& # 39; t do not have enough players to change for Ajax: Jürgen Klopp
– <a href = "/? s = Jurgen Klopp informs about the injury update in Liverpool league conflict with Ajax before the Champions League clash with Ajax
– Jürgen Klopp is unsure when Thiago Alcantara will be fit again as he continues to recover from Richarlison&’s last duel . . .
– Liverpool to check on Naby Keita when Trent Alexander- Arnold is approaching his return
– Liverpool vs Ajax: Klopp informs about injuries at Van Dijk , Alexander-Arnold
– Thiago Alcantara will probably not play this year, confirms Jürgen Klopp
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]