Pep Guardiola has confirmed Sergio Aguero’s absence from training at the beginning of the week’s European encounter with Porto.
City’s talisman has suffered from injury problems this season but returned from a thigh problem in Group C’s 1-0 win at Olympiacos last week.
However, the Argentine striker suffered a minor setback that eliminated him from Guardiola’s squad because of the Blues 5-0 win at Burnley at the weekend.
The Spanish head coach has now announced that Aguero could not participate in training with the other teammates on Monday. He’s not afraid, however, that there will be possible long-term effects after his last injury – above.
« I’m not worried, » Guardiola said ahead of Tuesday’s game at the Estadio do Dragao. « He hasn’t trained, he’s got a little restlessness in his knee.
The 32-year-old has scored 17 goals in his last 20 Champions League starts but City will likely have to do without him against Porto.
Guardiola’s side, who won the second leg 3-1 after Aguero opened the scoring, only need one point to secure first place in the group.
Aguero’s absence coincided with a relative lack of goals for City this season. Only 15 goals were scored in nine Premier League games.
However, they have sharpened their defensive skills on the continental stage as they have played more than three clean sheets so far this season than in all of last season.
John Stones helped and the English center-back received praise after an uptick in form.
Guardiola wants to see more of this from a player who made some high profile mistakes while at Etihad Stadium.
« We know he has incredible skills. It is up to him to maintain this level. He fought last season, he needs continuity to be fit, to train, to be ready.
« We are especially happy for him. He’s a special guy, so sensitive. All the employees in the back room are very happy for him. «
Porto, who have not won five Champions League games against English teams, have lost their last three meetings with City 9-2 and conceded at least two goals in every game.
However, the hosts have set a strong record at the Estadio do Dragao after winning six of their last seven home games on the elite European stage.
Copyright © 2020 Target. com All rights reserved. The information contained in target. com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed in any way without Goal’s prior written consent. com
Manchester City F. . C.. . , Pep Guardiola, UEFA Champions League, FC Porto, Sergio Agüero
. . Related title :
– Aguero wants to suspend the match in Porto when Guardiola confirms the absence of Man City star &.
– Pep Guardiola hits back on the allegation made by Porto manager Sergio Conceicao& # 39; he urges the referees as the pair continue their feud . . .
– Pep Guardiola plays down concerns during Sergio Aguero’s absence
– Pep Guardiola prepares for more prickness in postage than he rejects allegations of pressure from Referees rejects
– Pep Guardiola hits back on claim by Postage manager & # 39 back; – Guardiola challenges Stones and Mendy to get spots in town
– Pep Guardiola hits back on criticism of Sergio Conceicao’s behavior
– Small setback for Aguero as Guardiola declared Man City caution
– press conference by Pep Guardiola Man City RECAP early team news against injuries from Porto and Aguero latest
– Pep Guardiola defiantly replies after being accused of Bea must have been pressured
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]